school in Shropshire, UK
Shrewsbury School is an English independent boarding school for pupils aged 13–18 in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
Founded in 1552 by Edward VI by Royal Charter, it is one of the original seven public schools as defined by the Public Schools Act 1868, and one of the 'great' nine identified by the 1861 Clarendon Commission.It was originally a boarding school for boys; girls have been admitted into the Sixth Form since 2008 and the school has been co-educational since 2015. There are approximately 130 day pupils. The present site, to which the school moved in 1882, is on the south bank of the River Severn.The school's alumni – known as Old Salopians – include naturalists, poets, academics, politicians, authors, journalists, sportsmen, actors and military figures.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia