public secondary school in Nantes, France
The Lycée Georges Clemenceau, French pronunciation: [lise ʒɔʁʒ klemɑ̃so], usually called Lycée Clemenceau is a public secondary school located in Nantes, France, formerly known as the Lycée of Nantes. Inaugurated in 1808, it is the oldest secondary school of the town of Nantes and in the department of Loire-Atlantique.
It offers both a sixth-form college curriculum (as a lycée), and a post-secondary-level curriculum (classes préparatoires).
It is located next to a botanic garden (Jardin des plantes). Train and tram stations offer an easy access to the school for students. Furthermore there is a lovely chapel inside.
The Emperor Napoleon visited the Lycée on 9 August 1808. The school was rebuilt from 1886 to 1892 to a design by the architects Antoine Demoget and Léon Lenoir. Many famous people studied in Clemenceau, like the writer Jules Verne and the politician Georges Clemenceau who give his name to the school.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia