former preparatory school in Rottingdean, East Sussex, England
St. Aubyns School was a boys' preparatory school in Rottingdean, East Sussex, England, which in its final years became co-educational and taught children of both sexes between the ages of three and thirteen. The school was founded in 1895, taking over the premises of another school which had been founded in the 18th century by Dr Thomas Hooker, the local Vicar who was also reputedly a lookout for the local smugglers.In the school's early decades it had an apostrophe in its name, but this was expunged by a new head master, Hampton Gervis, in the Spring Term of 1940.
The school was privately owned, usually by the head master, until 1969, after which it was owned and operated by an independent charitable trust. Within a year of that trust merging with the Cothill Educational Trust, the new owners closed the school, despite opposition from parents.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia