liberal arts college, Sweet Briar, Virginia, US
Sweet Briar College is a private women's college in Sweet Briar, Virginia. It was established in 1901 by Indiana Fletcher Williams in memory of her deceased daughter, Daisy. The college formally opened its doors in 1906 and granted the B.A. degree for the first time in 1910. It nearly closed in 2015 but was saved by donations and legal actions by alumnae.
Sweet Briar is known for its campus with its historic Georgian Revival architecture by Ralph Adams Cram and its 3,250 acres (13,152,283 m2) of hills, forests, and fields.
An early leader in international study, the college established its Junior Year in France program in 1948 and is affiliated with additional study abroad programs. Its chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the Theta of Virginia, was authorized in 1950. In 2005, it established its program in engineering, one of only two ABET-accredited engineering programs at a women’s college. The college is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Science and a Master of Arts in Teaching.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia