building in Neubau, Austria
The Mekhitarist Monastery of Vienna (German: Wiener Mechitaristenkloster; Armenian: Վիեննայի Մխիթարեան վանք, Viennayi Mkhit′arean vank′) is one of the two monasteries of the Armenian Catholic Mekhitarist (Mechitharist) Congregation, located in Vienna, Austria. The main center of the order is located in San Lazzaro degli Armeni, Venice, from which the Vienna branch broke off in 1773. The branch initially settled in Trieste, but moved to Vienna in 1805. After centuries of separation, the two branches of Vienna and Venice united in 2000. The Monastery of Vienna was declared their primary abbey. Until the early 20th century it was an important scholarly institution. It now contains a large number of Armenian manuscripts, Western Armenian magazines, coins, and other items.
The Mekhitarists of Vienna produce a herbal liqueur known as Mechitharine—popular in Austria—which they sell at their shop. They have produced it since 1889. It is their main source of income. Other sources of income include renting properties and guided tours.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia