university in Dnipro, Ukraine
The Dnipro Polytechnic National Technical University (Ukrainian: Національний технічний університет «Дніпровська політехніка»), abbreviated in Ukrainian as NTU DP (Ukrainian: НТУ ДП) is located in Dnipro, the third most populous city in Ukraine. It was founded in 1899 as the Yekaterinoslav Higher Mining School. The task of the university then was to provide the mining industry with highly qualified specialists, a goal that has continued to direct the university's leadership right up to the present day, although in recent years its academic offer has developed beyond the confines of mining-related subjects. Currently, its structure consists of nine faculties (academic departments). During the Soviet era, the polytechnic was one of the country's top specialised institutions of higher education. It is ranked as one of Ukraine's best universities in many rankings and today attracts a large number of foreign students.
The Dnipro Polytechnic is one of the leading establishments of higher education in Ukraine. According to the ratings of UNESCO it achieved 6th position among the 200 Top universities in Ukraine in 2009.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia