Australian natural history and conservation organisation
The Field Naturalists Club of Victoria (FNCV) is an Australian natural history and conservation organisation. It was founded in May 1880 by a group of nature enthusiasts that included Thomas Pennington Lucas. Charles French and Dudley Best. It is the oldest conservation group in [Australia]. Since 1884 it has published a journal, The Victorian Naturalist, which is issued six times a year.
Currently there are eight special interest groups (SIGs) within the FNCV, these are Botany, Fauna Survey, Fungi, Geology, Juniors, Marine Research, Microscopy and Terrestrial Invertebrates. The club also has a Day Group.
The FNCV is situated at 1 Gardenia St, Blackburn, in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. A range of services are available for members including a bookshop.
Since 1940 the FNCV has awarded the Australian Natural History Medallion to the person judged to have made the most meritorious contribution to the understanding of Australian Natural History.
Read more or edit on Wikipedia